• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported PPT screen shots look blurry

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import screenshots from power point (2003) into Captivate 3.  The following post was helpful in explaining that you need to have each file sized the same:  http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/02/correct_dimensions_for_power_p.html

However - I am finding when I import the PPT slides into Captivate via File > Import > Power Point Slides, the screenshots look very blurry in captivate and no where near as clean and readable as they are in the original PPT file.  The screenshots are of a software with a font on the smaller size and it just isn't readable when brought into Captivate.

Any suggestions?  My current work around is to copy each screenshot from the PPT and Paste it into the Captivate file, the quality comes out OK this way, but it is incredibly time consuming.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One way to ensure totally crystal clear transfers from PPT to Captivate is to configure PPT to play in a window. Then use Captivate to record the PPT as it plays. Because the images aren't changing size, the fidelity should be crystal clear.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, that's a great solution, but I don't believe it will work for this particular scenario.  I should have mentioned that teams are sending me their powerpoints with text on them and all I really want to import is the actual screenshot image that they used as a background.  I add the text later in captivate via a caption.  Would you know of a way to have captivate pull just the image from the power point slide and convert it as a background in captivate.  I'm basically making each slide in my captivate project a full size view of the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Perhaps this sounds stupid but if you have the PPT's, why not just delete everything that you do not want to import? I do not see any direct way to import only the backgrounds of the PPT, since the slides are important as a whole eventually with animations. And try to have a similar resolution for the CP as for the PPT to avoid blurry effects.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources