• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single-spaced lists without bullets or numbering?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using some DHTML dropdowns for instructions with twisties. The twistie is a little triangle that points down when the DHTML is expanded, like this:

expandtext.gif expandedtext.gif

These twisties in effect, sort of act like bullets. My problem is that I can't find a way to make these task lists indented and single spaced as a bulleted list can be. Some topics have pretty long task lists, so I'm trying to make them single spaced to save room and because it looks nicer.

Any ideas? Right now the code looks like this:

<p style="margin-left: 40px;"><a class="dropspot" href="javascript:TextPopup(this)"  id="a1">Add Accounts Manually</a> </p>
<div class="droptext" id="POPUP420454810" style="display: none;">
    <?rh-placeholder type="snippet" ref="Add Accounts Manually" ?>
</div>

The <a> tags have the actual text of the list item while the DHTML effect is in the div tags. In previous lists, I've removed the <p> tags to get rid of the double spacing. In this case though, I want the text indented, so removing <p> doesn't work for me.

I'm using RH8 to a WebHelp output.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KJoyMcK,

I use

div.droptext {
    margin-left: 1.6em;
}

to indent under my twisties in my CSS file.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'single spaced'? If you want the text on the same line as your list, you may use expanding text.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single spaced:

• asdf
  • asdf
  • asdf

Double spaced:

• asdf

• asdf

Robohelp loves to double space things. If I use bullets, it'll single space them in most cases, or I can remove the <p> tags to force it. It seems that with expanding text, there's no way to single space because there's no list formatting. I've accepted defeat on this one, but certainly suggestions are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, how about this:

For your indent, create a list style and remove the indent from the paragraph. I think that's a good idea whether you use paragraphs in lists or not. You'll have cleaner code.

It seems to me that the paragraph you use has some margins set. When you use the same paragraph style in your topic, are your paragraphs double spaced there? If so, add UL P to your style sheet using an external editor. Now all paragraphs within lists don't have to fit perfectly in your list without creating extra white space.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution is just to specify <ul type="none"> that gives me the single-spacing I'd see if the list were bulleted, but without the bullets. The simplest often works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha, where would we be without pragmatism?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp