• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta 4 or Release?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, today was my day to start up the editor and get the message that my beta period has expired. Frustrating to say the least and I will lose a couple of hours of productivity today getting something set up. A few thoughts on this:

1. How about a countdown days timer every time you start the editor.
  2. Getting developers hooked on the beta and then keep pulling it away from them due to the beta expiring and the next beta is not ready is counter productive.
  3. Create the ability to extend a beta somehow if your development process has slowed down
  4. Can we get another beta or just release the damn thing already so I can buy it.

Dan

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Hi Dan,

If you are using ColdFusion Builder Beta 3 build ( #263215 ), it should not expire untill March 31st.

Are you using this build only?Please let us know the build number that you are using.

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

If you are using ColdFusion Builder Beta 3 build ( #263215 ), it should not expire untill March 31st.

Are you using this build only?Please let us know the build number that you are using.

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very bazaar - I launched it again today to see if I could get the build number and I did not get the beta expired message and it is working. That is the correct build number that I have. Checked my system clock to make sure that is OK as well.

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually have an expired Beta on my laptop now. How do I determine the bet and build of an expired copy?

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the plugins directory all CFB jar files are associated with a number. Highest number with any of the CFB jar (com.adobe....) would be your build number.

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so were probably referring to the com.adobe....... jars, where I see 253229, which is not the latest one you mentioned prior. So If I download the latest and install on top of it I should be good until 3/31?

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is actually Beta 2 build. You can uninstall and reinstall with beta 3 build.

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2010 Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what happens on March 31st? Is they going to be a Beta 4 or a release? Please don't leave us without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whats happened today but i recieved an email from Adobe saying that CFBuilder was now available for purchase (with free version of flash builder).

And also this forum that was cfbuilder is now called "flex > Archive of Flex 4 Beta" very confussed (apologies if im posting in the wrong location).

Will my CFbuilder Beta 3 expire on 31st March?

Cheers

Ben Alembick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks benalembick for the heads up. I see CFBuilder for sale on the Adobe site.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation