• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Merged Project

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a RoboHelp 7 Merged Project is opened by the end user several hundred RHS*.tmp files are created in the C:Winodws/Temp directory on the Web Server. As these files accumulate it causes protocol host errors. The workaround is to constantly monitor the C:Windows/Temp directory and delete the RHS*.tmp files. Sometimes the only fix is to delete the tmp files and restart the server. Any ideas what is causing these tmp files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those files are, to the best of my knowledge, only created in the source project when you preview a topic.

How are you getting the webhelp to the server?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is a cross post. Click here to see the other thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Publish functionality in the RoboHelp 7 Authoring tool to push to the web server. I did hear back from Adobe Support on this and here is their answer.

"I apologize but it’s normal that RoboHelp Server is generating those TMP files. There is no setting or configuration within RoboHelp Server to delete those files. You need to delete the files manually or you can also create a script on your server to automatically delete those files."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Rick, nice endless loop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my book if that is normal, it is a normal bug!

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest from Adobe Support on the tmp files generated by RoboHelp Server 7. And to quote Adobe Support "I understand that you need to verfiy if RoboHelp Server 8 still dumps TMP files to Windows temp folder. Since RoboHelp Server 8 is a completely revamped version, we can expect a lot of differences from the previous version. We'll test this out first and let you know shortly if the behavior persists." Um, hasn't RH 8 already been released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been told by someone in Adobe that this problem is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2009 Jan 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this problem has bene fixed.

Vivek Kumar
Adobe Systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear this problem has been fixed in RH 8. Any idea what I can do with four licenses of RH 7 I have that don't work? I have reverted back to RH 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You could try proposing to customer support that they give you a deal on RH8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp