• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Initialization of HtmlHelpTargetIdentity.dll failed

Participant ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RoboHelp 8.0.2.208, windows XP, no network, generating CHM files.

I was investigating link behaviour and RoboHelp was crashing regularly. I decided to ignore the crashes and continue my other work. Suddenly I got this popup when starting RH:

popup_12feb10.png

The file HtmlHelpTargetIdentity.dll is where the popup says, it is version 8.0.0.203.

After this my default layout (HTML Help) had disappeared from the SSL pod and WebHelp was set as default. I created a new HTM Help layout and was able to continue, still with crashes (about every third Save command).

Has anyone ever seen this before, or have any hints for further troubleshooting?

I suspect that this project has some quirk which causes the crashes, but my current work is mainly non-RoboHelp so I cannot be sure. It is a test project, so no secrets in it, if anybody would like to help me.

--- Derek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this limited to a single project? You could try running MJ Plasterer's HTML Help Diagnostics Tool - http://helpware.net/downloads/#MJs

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's just one project (so far). Good tip about the MJ diagnostics but it didn't turn up anything. This morning I had one case where RoboHelp "softly and suddenly vanished away"; normally I get two "Tell Bill" (aka "Don't Send") popups.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp