• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing rollover button

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can someone help me import a rollover button from flash?  I keep trying, but the second image does not show up when I try to insert the image button.  I tried saving both files, but I still end up getting one.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'll have to leave it to someone else to guide you on bringing the button in from Flash.

My reason for posting is to ask the following question. I've seen a few posts recently where folks are bringing buttons in from Flash. This makes me wonder why. What about the buttons Captivate provides doesn't work for you that you feel you must use Flash to create the buttons?

It makes me wonder if folks aren't discovering that Captivate supports image buttons that have three different images used and they provide the image switch effect. Mouse over and a second image is swapped in. Click and you momentarily see a third image. I could see where someone might not look too deeply and think all Captivate supplies are the plain vanilla text buttons. They give up at that point and head to Flash.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im looking for plain text buttons that change color when you rollover them.  Captivates buttons are really limited.  Do you know any other methods? I tried using fireworks and illustrator, but I cant get the 2 images to connect in captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2010 Feb 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As Rick points out (indeed not well known, took me a while to discover) the image buttons: text can be an image too, you need a simple image editor (you mentioned FW), create the three 'text' images with wanted colors, and ready...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 4 expects three separate images for a custom image button -- [button]_up.png, [button]_over.png, and [button]_down.png.

Ensure that all three images are in the same folder, and named correctly [w/ the above _up, _over, and _down endings].

When you click the Change [...] button in Captivate's Add Button dialog box [after selecting Image button type], find and double-click the _up.png file.  Captivate automatically includes the other two states.

Although I haven't tried it myself, you can probably export PNG images out of your Flash button symbol's up, over, and down state-frames.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also trying and am having no luck.  I have named the files DEECDButton_up, DEECDButton_down, DEECDButton_over, they are in the same folder and have tried uploading the up file. Are there any other steps?  I've tried for both bmp & png files.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FutureLaura,

I'm not sure why it's not working for you.  I've done this many times in many Captivate 4 projects with no problems.

Maybe you could send me the 3 .png files so I could test them at my end?

tclei2009@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tlei,

Here are the test buttons I've been trying to enter. If you could test would be much appreciated.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out what my problem was - the size of my graphic was too big. I made them 50% smaller and they now work.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it now works for you!

Thanks for posting the cause of your issue too!  I wouldn't have learnt that Captivate has a size limit for button image imports otherwise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources