• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player installation with foxfire

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2010 Feb 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install flash player so I can open https://universe.chacha.com/ . It tells me to download latest version of flash player. I go threw the motions it says its installed but when i try to log in again i get the same error. I know it gives specials instructions for foxfire server. One of the first steps is to hit the edit button using on the yellow bar . Well I cant find that no where. What do i need to do? Please help I'm thinking I'm not the only one with this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "foxfire server", do you mean by any chance Firefox browser?  Please clarify.

Go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/; can you see the Flash animation?  Can you see the installed Flash Player version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi forum - i have the same problem as trigger -i have tried to install flash about 4 thousand times today -  i have followed the advice of both posts by the guy with the upside down name - http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ tells me "You have version 10,0,45,2 installed" but when i search for flashplayer i cant find it on my computer, and my flash movie files won't play - any ideas you guys? (I have windows 7 and a brand new computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crasharooney wrote:

flash movie files won't play...

Are these local files, or web files?  Flash Player is a web player, not standalone player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crasharoni aldente' cool got three replies while i was learning lots my explorer tuturial side bar and wikpedia,my flash plays vidios ,problem is lots of times get message java script needs to be enabled..or i have an old version of flash..now what i think is i have explorer 7 and need the new one 8 ..i think so i went to down 8 and was told to save all my files first i have not figured out how to do that i stated reading at a and i dont even think i got to s but i need to save my files and my lots and lots of pics so thats what i am working on any idea? should i go to some site to save my stuff scotty in ny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2010 Feb 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah they're standalone clips - have tried to play them through quicktime and wmp (not recognised) and then realplayer which tells me i need to download the latest version of flashplayer (which the adobe site tells me i have)...

and some message told me to enable javascript - but it already is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is cool but i have been on explorer sidebar tuturial instruction thing for a while upside down guy sent me an e mail to help u he asked some questions but i dont know how to go back while on this page scotty in ny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting confusing - three different users asking different questions in the same topic!

scottsgreen: did you follow my instructions and enable JavaScript, then reinstall the latest Flash Player?  I dont know why you now go about IE8 and sidewiki - these are completely different issues.  (This topic is about Firefox initially, not Internet Explorer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are mixups who s who i got 2 e mail meant for others inc your requst for specific info came to me . sorry im a talker not a typer.. or speller.sorry to chang topics,all that new info came about be fore i recieved the e mails meant for others ,and other mixups. itried to find java script unnsucessfully (but i was tired will try again now.the new development was i was notified to update explorer..whitch i though was inverse of old flash player..but most important reveilled the importance of saveing my files and many pics,so the subject changed,coupled with emails going to wrong parties.to summarize do i need explorer..and firefox..and aol (which brings other problems that would chang topic),or do i want /need both? i always miss the most basic things and do the difficult ,or complicated easilly,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem as u I took exactly  same steps with mazilla fire fox and i insttalled latest version ,3-4 times ,only difference is what brought us to problem when i go to a site ,my message says i either have to enable java script ..or have to update version of flash.all day i tied enabling ,and unenableing but cant find java script any where ,i love lerning about computers i went to trade school to be a "digital computer technition ....i graduated and said to myself this is really something ..but it needs to come along a little bit..at the time the vic 20 computer was state of the art..it was like pong but in color..then they invented the comador 64 about 1 month later.cool..well im back somebody help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable Java Script in Firefox 3.5.x: Tools | Options | tab Content - check both JavaScript and Java.

If that does not solve your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhhhkayyyy. . .I'm basically very nearly computer-illiterate, and the punctuation-free, rambling quality of the initial questions has left me absolutely confused, so I'm going to outline my issue here and see if I can get some help.

I have a Dell laptop. Previously it was running Flash Player just fine. Because it was a secondhand machine, a friend completely removed all programs and re-installed XP with Service Pack 2. He neglected to install Flash Player, but I figured I could do it because I'd done it before on

other machines. *insert evil laugh* WRONG!

First I tried about 300 (slight exaggeration, but only slight) times to install it with IE 7, and it kept telling me "Failed to Register." I did try everything that the troubleshooter suggested. I tried downloading IE 8 and got the same message. So I downloaded Firefox, and it installs successfully, but still will not run. I cannot view any Flash content at all. Any suggestions that are not too technical?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u need the uside down guy i am borderline comp literate,i can give few ideas ,start agian,with friend who earased..mabbe something else is also gone that is needed . there is a lifetime of specific info in the explorer instuction/sidebar that i cant find now im sure firefox has same ,try enabling add ons (tools..manage add ons),and check spyware type stuff your own security systems might be part of your problem...sick laughter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hsaiotei wrote:

Ohhhhhkayyyy. . .I'm basically very nearly computer-illiterate, and the punctuation-free, rambling quality of the initial questions has left me absolutely confused, so I'm going to outline my issue here and see if I can get some help.

I have a Dell laptop. Previously it was running Flash Player just fine. Because it was a secondhand machine, a friend completely removed all programs and re-installed XP with Service Pack 2. He neglected to install Flash Player, but I figured I could do it because I'd done it before on

other machines. *insert evil laugh* WRONG!

First I tried about 300 (slight exaggeration, but only slight) times to install it with IE 7, and it kept telling me "Failed to Register." I did try everything that the troubleshooter suggested. I tried downloading IE 8 and got the same message. So I downloaded Firefox, and it installs successfully, but still will not run. I cannot view any Flash content at all. Any suggestions that are not too technical?

Thanks in advance!

Please start a new topic in the forum; I cannot handle four different problems in the same topic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Firefox 3.6  Java Script is enabled.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.  What is the next suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines