Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Formatting in Tables - RH8 for HTML

Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In working with paragraph formatting in tables, I find that whatever I set the Table Properties to be in terms of Flush Left, Centered, or Flush Right, that formatting is assigned to every paragraph within the table. 

So if I want to center the table on the page, then the text within every cell is also centered.

Is this common to others?  What's the solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added a 90% width table using the default table style in RH8. In the table tab I set the properties to Centre and then Right aligned.

The cells remain left aligned.

Where are you setting the alignment?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set the alignment this way:

Table Properties --> Table tab --> Alignment (center)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I did. Try it in a new project using the default table and see if that is different.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project, selected the default table and centered it. The paragraphs all changed to centered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2010 Feb 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zip the new project and send it to me. See my contact page on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say before that the problem was only in Preview and Output.I had looked in Design View and there it is OK.

I cannot readily see a solution so I will need to investigate further.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right. Thanks so much for you attention to this.

Mitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click Justify on the toolbar that left aligns but with justified text. Would that work ftb?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably would in most cases. Sometimes I apply other formatting inside the cell, like bullets or numbering, so I don't know how it would work in all cases. But that's certainly helpful and I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested again. Preview is wrong but output is correct including with your test project.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. Paragraphs are centered in both my 'View' and in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The justification setting seems to be a pretty good workaround. I tested that and it works in both 'View' and in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Daigle was kind enough to test it on two Windows 7 machines using the same project on both. On one preview was correct, on the other it wasn't. Do you get different results in different browsers?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version? IE6, 7 or 8?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2010 Feb 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cracked it.

I found different results with different browsers.

IE8 and Opera = Text is centred in output

FF and Chrome = Text is left aligned.

That meant it had to be a browser issue so what could be different? The way they handle XHTML. Go to Tools > Options and tick Convert RH edited topics to HTML.

The first test is that Preview will now display the text left aligned. Then generate an output and test in any browser, it should now be OK.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does it!

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me awhile, but I have finally got my number and bullet lists to format the way I want

I'm using Multi-Level lists styles for first- and second-level numbers and bullets.

However, I'm having difficulty with restarting the numbered lists back to '1'.

Any clues on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind. I just figured it out.

Thanks!

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:55 AM

To: 'clearspace-1962952967-86154-2-2588795@mail.forums.adobe.com'

Subject: Resetting number lists to '1'

It took me awhile, but I have finally got my number and bullet lists to format the way I want

I'm using Multi-Level lists styles for first- and second-level numbers and bullets.

However, I'm having difficulty with restarting the numbered lists back to '1'.

Any clues on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp