• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-File Find searching old content

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A topic contained "content A". I edited it to contain "content B" and saved my change. The modified date of the topic is 1/18/2008. But now when I use Muti-File Find to search for "content A" it still lists that topic and highlights the content A in the preview window. When I view the topic "content A" is not there. Its as if the Muti-File Find utility is looking at an out of date database. Is there a refresh or rebuild or something that I should be doing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008
Aha! The search results are actually finding "content A" in a subfolder of the !SSL! folder. Its called !chm_tmp_folder_0. The dates on these files haven't been modified since 10/15/07. Looks like I can blow away that apparently temporary folder and I'll be good.
Thank you so much for your help! You really pointed me in the right direction.
Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboKate and welcome to the RH community.
Can you check that you are looking at the correct version of the topic source. Also look in the topic's truecode. The find and replace tool looks there rather than the WYSIWYG and there may be a further instance in there.
As an aside, most users find a third party tool such as bkreplacem or FAR more reliable and feature rich.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,
I'm double-clicking on the topic from within the project, so I'm quite sure it is the correct version. Is there some way I could be getting the "wrong" version?
I have looked at the true code and searched for my "content A" and it is not there.
Quiet a stumper. I guess I'll be looking for bkreplacem or FAR today.
Thanks for trying to help out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK let's take a step back here before you go down the line of looking at other tools. If you are using find and replace from within a topic you are using the Edit > find menu or Ctrl + F?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Sorry if I misled you. I am using the Multi-File Find and Replace utility from the Tool tab within the RH project. When I get the results of the search, it displays the old "content A". I read the topic name and flip back to the project and open the topic with a double-click. But "content A" was replaced with "content B" and I cannot find "contentA" in either the WYSIWYG or the true code.
I hope that is clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Check the "where" field very carefully to ensure it is looking at the correct location. Are you generating WebHelp? If so, ensure you are looking at the source rather than the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! The search results are actually finding "content A" in a subfolder of the !SSL! folder. Its called !chm_tmp_folder_0. The dates on these files haven't been modified since 10/15/07. Looks like I can blow away that apparently temporary folder and I'll be good.
Thank you so much for your help! You really pointed me in the right direction.
Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Indeed you can and will be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp