• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search tab won't find "to-do" - why not?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get around this problem? The "To-Do List" is an important feature and I want users to be able to search for it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008
Hi again Suzanne

Ahhh, now see, here I went and assumed you were talking about WebHelp or FlashHelp. Those have certain issues when it comes to search.

So, it's .CHM files is it? Are other search terms being found? I ask, because there is an issue with a particular .DLL or two that you may need to resolve. But if it were that, search wouldn't work, period. You seem to be saying it works, but just doesn't find this one term.

I was able to make it work by making the following change. I'm not s...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suzanne

One certain way to overcome this is by including the term(s) in your index.

Just talking out loud here for what it's worth, but a really good index can totally remove any need or desire for searching.

If you have RoboHelp 7, you may also plug this term into the Synonym editor to guide the user to the right topic.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's a nice thought, it isn't the technical answer I'm looking for :). Besides, I tend to go with the flow, and the flow seems to be "google it" which is equivalent to "search for it." So -- anyone else have an idea how I can make "to-do" searchable in a CHM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Suzanne

Ahhh, now see, here I went and assumed you were talking about WebHelp or FlashHelp. Those have certain issues when it comes to search.

So, it's .CHM files is it? Are other search terms being found? I ask, because there is an issue with a particular .DLL or two that you may need to resolve. But if it were that, search wouldn't work, period. You seem to be saying it works, but just doesn't find this one term.

I was able to make it work by making the following change. I'm not sure you said what version of RoboHelp you are using, so what I'm about to provide will be for version 6 or older.

Click File > Project Settings > Advanced button > Stop List tab.
Locate and delete the words "To" and "Do", then click the OK button.
Recompile your .CHM and it should now dutifully find "to-do". But the trade off is that if you search for the word "to", it will also find each occurrence of it as well. Normally that term is excluded by the Stop List.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just wanted to thank you for the time you took to reply. This did definitely answer my question! I decided to not change anything, though, since I didn't want every topic with "to" in it to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp