Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Repeating Rows

Former Community Member

I couldn't find an example of how to build a form with repeating rows on it.

What I need is a search form that will be populated from a database.  The user can then click a button to select a record where a new form with much more detailed information will appear.

To do this I have a form with a table on it inside of a subform.  The table data row is maked for repeating.  I went to the form properties under edit and clicked the preview button and then selected the generate option to create some XML data to test the form with.  One row was created in the XML so I duplicated it to see if the form would then have multiple rows.

It didn't.

What I'm looking for is 1) how to created the form correctly for multiple rows and 2) how do I add an action to the render so the form will popup with the data from the database.

BTW, is anyone else having extremely slow loads on livedoc today?  I'm talking hours to open it.

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Is the source of the repeating rows the same database? Are each of these rows a separate record in the DB?

Paul

Former Community Member

Yes and yes.

In this case I'm trying to view the multiple rows in preview.  I generated test data from the edit | form properties | preview screen.  I only saw one row out of that so I edited it to create a second node.

Level 3

Here's an example posted by Adobe LC. Hope it helps

Former Community Member

Then this becomes more complicated as the Database connectivity can only get a single record. So you will have to

get each record you want to display (one at a atime) parse it and assign the values to your field in a script. There is a good blog post by Stefan Cameron  on this and other related topics. Check out these entries:

http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/09/29/selecting-specific-database-records/

http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/10/12/displaying-all-records-from-an-odbc-data-connection/

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for your reply.  I'm reading the sites now.  They may be over my head at this point, but first I'll have to give them a go.

Former Community Member

And I also thank you for the link.  I'll read it this morning.