• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to compile webhelp (RH8)

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded to RoboHelp 8 and am having problems compiling a webhelp project. When generating a webhelp output, RH8 always crashes while "updating files" (RoboHelp 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close). It seems to occur in the same spot each time. I created a test project and the webhelp output worked fine. I also tried a different output in the problematic project (i.e. WebHelp Pro) and the project compiled fine.

I was able to compile the problematic project 5 times out of 10 up until yesterday. Now the project is consistently crashing during compiling. I've tried deleting and reinstalling RoboHelp, and deleting and recreating my WebHelp SSL, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

When you say you deleted the SSL, do you mean the folder or the layout in Project Manager? Try both as the first step.

I am guessing that will fail but it's worth the effort. Next make make a zip copy of the project and put it somewhere safe, you cannot accidentally open that and wreck the backup as well.

Unless the Output Log gives you a clue as to the rogue topic, delete half the topics and ignore broken link reports. Compile again, if it stil fails, delete another bunch until you can compile. O

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you deleted the SSL, do you mean the folder or the layout in Project Manager? Try both as the first step.

I am guessing that will fail but it's worth the effort. Next make make a zip copy of the project and put it somewhere safe, you cannot accidentally open that and wreck the backup as well.

Unless the Output Log gives you a clue as to the rogue topic, delete half the topics and ignore broken link reports. Compile again, if it stil fails, delete another bunch until you can compile. Obviously the rogue is in the last batch deleted.

You can extract further copies of the backup but don't delete it!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, I must admit I was relieved to see your name in my Inbox. When I previously deleted the SSL, I deleted the Webhelp folder in Explorer, but not the entire !SSL! folder. After reading your suggestions, I deleted the entire !SSL! folder in Explorer, recreated the SSL and it worked. Just wanted to post that here in case someone else encounters this problem.

I can't thank you enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp