• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing cflayout based on browser window

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I base the cflayout on the browser window's visible area? Every time I  resize the window my controls are being displayed off screen with no scroll bars  to get to them. Ideally I'd like the layout to be dynamic enough to resize  gracefully without needing the scroll bars. Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I personally do this is to set the entire page into one large Table, with a width of 100%.

If you are already using tables within your code, then you need to be sure you don't have any large width= values set.  Also, if your site has fancy graphics, you need to find somewhere on the page to allow some 'stretching' of those graphics.

Here's a quick example of a page that will automatically adjust based on screen size (remember, just because they are viewing at 1280 x 1024 resolution doesn't automatically mean that their browser is maximized.. it could be reduced/resized on their screen to smaller dimensions - this code will fix that)

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" width="100%">

<tr><td bgcolor="black"><font color="white"><b>This could be a navigation area<Br>Just putting it here for demonstration</b></font></td>

<td width="100%" bgcolor="silver"><font color="black"><b>This could be the main area, and since it has a width of 100% it will stretch horizontally based on how much actual screen space is available on the viewers browser window</b></font></td>

<td align="right"><font color="navy">This is a right column, and since it is set to 'align=right' it will allow the center column to strech back and forth</font></td></tr></table>

By experimenting with setting the width= attribute on different columns, you can get different results.  Just remember to set the main table width at 100%, and be sure t have at least one TD that has a width of 100% and you should be good to go

WHeis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frederick,

In the outer cflayout (type=border) add fitToWindow="true".

Hope this helps.

-Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks... I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation