Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting project topics is laborious

Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a Framemaker book of files instead of linking them. I want to delete these and link the book.

The delete option is not enabled at the chapter folder level until the contents of each folder have been deleted.

I have to expand each chapter folder individually and delete the topics one by one then delete each folder.

My book has ten chapters with an average of 7 to 10 topics per file. one chapter has about forty topics. I have other books with many more chapters and many more topics.

Many clicks plus the confirmation for each delete action.

Why can't i simply delete the whole book in one go!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you display your Topics Pod, there is a folder drop down that can be used to filter the list. Filter by a folder and select all the topics in it. Right click and select Delete. Unfortunately there is no way to delete a folder inside RH that has content in it of any kind.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't waste my time - just create a new project & link the FM book t

o it, then delete the old imported project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp