• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-sensitive Buttons in the Top Navigation Bar.

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a customization that I would like to perform. Please excuse the reference to the current auto-recalls fiasco, but that was the best way to clarify my requirements.

Assume I have four buttons (three RoboHelp default and one custom) in the top navigation bar: Contents, Index, Search and Recalls.

In the TOC, I have 3 books: Toyota, Honda and Hyundai. And each of these three books have a topic called "Recalls" (among other topics) that lists the models recalled for that particular brand.

When I click the "Recalls" button in the top navigation bar, the "Generic Recalls" topic is displayed in the right frame with the following hyperlinks: Totota Recalls, Honda Recalls and Hyundai Recalls, with each one taking the user to the "Recalls" topic inside the appropriate book.

Here's what I would like to do: If I am navigating topics in the Toyota book (that is, the focus is on any of the topics under book "Toyota"), then when I click on the "Recalls" button in the top navigation bar, the "Recalls" topic in the Toyota book should be displayed rather than the "Generic Recalls" topic.

Can RoboHelp remember the context and conditionally show the appropriate topic? I use WebHelp as my output.

Thanks,
K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi:

If the above customization cannot be done or no one has tried it before, then is there a way to add a menu item (with submenus) to a button/image in the top navigation bar?

So using the same example as above, a mouse hover on the "Recalls" button/image would show the following submenus: Toyota, Honda and Hyundai. And then depending on which submenu I select, it should display the "Recalls" topic for that particular brand.

Thanks,

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp