Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete Search box from Index pane?

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in my RH8 WebHelp I have a nice Index pane on the left, but I don't want the search input field to be there.

How can I get rid of it?

Thanx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In your output folder, open whidhtml. On line 20, replace ROWS='60m 100%' with ROWS='100%'. On line 18, replace ROWS='45, 100%' with ROWS='100%'

Then comment line 21 with //, so it looks like this: //strWrite +="<FRAME SRC='whiform.htm'...

Save the file and reload.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Willam,

I can do that myself but not the client. So there is no easy way within RH?

Thanx a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would the client need to do anything? If you follow Willam's instructions, the box will not be in the generated help that gets delivered to the client.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, you are right (again).

My client has RH too, and will basically compile the WebHelp herself. I just set up the project for her and then off she goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you supply your client with the modified file and let them paste the file in their RH source? (such as: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_skin) Whenever she creates an output, it will use the modified file.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's a good one

I thought it would be overwriten.

Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam

Wouldn't it be better to get them to paste it into their output so that other RH projects are not affected? Or at least have them back up the original file so that they can restore it in case of need?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A backup is always a sensible idea Didn’t mention it because I took that for granted.

The only problem with pasting the file in the output, is that the custom file gets overwritten every time you create a new WebHelp. You have to copy the file to the output every time.

Another possibility is that you create a batch file or script you run after every generation. You can use that to copy the modified file from any directory into the output. (Very handy if you copy multiple files or want to do some more editing of the output files.)

In my experience, all casual RH users (consultants, managers, etc) hate everything they have to do after creating an output. Since they normally (in our organization at least) only have one project, it wouldn’t hurt putting the modified file in the source folder. Running a batch file or a script is too much work for them

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp