Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I would Like to Make a Sugestion To all Employee and Masters of the Language

Level 3

HI EVRYONE,

I've noticed many requests on how to create an auto number for an invoice or PO. These numbers need to be unique and sequential. Yet no one created an example for the rest of us. I know the logic but not the implemetation.

I know you can have a table with all the numbers.

Create a button

When the button is clicked it will insert the first number in the appropriate field and remove it from the list.

I suggest to all of you master of the language to create an example to all all of us.

I'm sure one of you will accept my suggestion and I and many other will be very thankful. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I did a presentation on this topic for the AcrobatUsers.com. They taped it and have the presetation available for viewing. Here is the link.

http://www.acrobatusers.com/events/1876/tech-talk-advanced-form-techniques-livecycle-designer

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I did a presentation on this topic for the AcrobatUsers.com. They taped it and have the presetation available for viewing. Here is the link.

http://www.acrobatusers.com/events/1876/tech-talk-advanced-form-techniques-livecycle-designer

Paul

Level 3

Thanks Paul!

Two things: 1, There's a button to download the transcript which leads to nowhere. Do you have it?

2. Is there a place that I can go to download your example so I can follow your event instructions while you're explaining it?

You're a very smart guy! Thanks

Level 3

Would you be kind to answer my message. Is there place I can download your example from the Event?

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----