• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe flash wont install keep getting error message

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2010 Feb 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

two days ago while i was playing the apps i always play when the page refreshed it said i needed to update my flashplayer so i clicked on the link to update it downloaded flash player and began installing it when i got an error code, now i cant play any of my flash games. I am using windows vista OS and mozilla firefox browser. Can anyone help please?

I went into my computer, windows, macromed, flash and the only things in there were the following....

flashplayer.expt

Install(text document)

I know that there has to be more files then that to the program, i think something might be missing, although i dont know what, or if that even has anything to do with it installing. I do have adobe.com added to my add-ons list on firefox. i dont think it should be a problem with my firewall as someone else suggested because there is no problem downloading the program just installing it, i have enough memory also so thats not the problem. could it just be vista?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi, I think your screen name reflects the feeling of all who are experiencing issues with FP:-) However, it most always is

not the Flash Player causing the problems.

In your Flash folder as you say not all of the required files are installed.

The problem could be any that you listed.

A Firewall/Anti-Virus/Spyware program certainly can prevent an install.

Using your FF browser do this:

I would Uninstall per Adobe here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html  Put this on your Desktop, don't run i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think your screen name reflects the feeling of all who are experiencing issues with FP:-) However, it most always is

not the Flash Player causing the problems.

In your Flash folder as you say not all of the required files are installed.

The problem could be any that you listed.

A Firewall/Anti-Virus/Spyware program certainly can prevent an install.

Using your FF browser do this:

I would Uninstall per Adobe here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html  Put this on your Desktop, don't run it

yet. Then download and SAVE to your Desktop: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Once you have these on your Desktop, then Disconnect from the Internet, Disable any Anti-Virus/Spyware that runs in realtime, Disable any Firewall other than Windows and check the system tray for any there that would use Flash & disable.

Run the Uninstaller, when finished Reboot and then when fully Rebooted, Reboot again(to clear old files)

Then Run the Installer and when finished, Reboot Once.

ReEnable your Firewall and Anti-Virus/Spyware programs and Connect back to the Internet

Go here to test: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about

Check your Flash folder files and the FF plugin for SWF and that it is installed and Enabled.

Post back your results, or if you have any questions beforehand.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i did exactly what you told me to do , and flash still isnt workin in my IE but it is now workin in my firefox browser so i am happy , thanks so much for your help youre a peach, i'd give ya a big ole kiss if i could, you have a nice day dear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, glad the Grrr_Ugh is somewhat better:-)  Hey, FF down, IE to go. If you want IE working, do the same thing you

just did in FF, except use this link:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

You don't have to Uninstall, just download the above link to your Desktop and follow the rest of the steps.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you kindly tell me how to disable and re-enble anti-virus

softwares? Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends entirely on what antivirus software you are using.  Try Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi quality, It would be better if you started your own thread. That way your system info an anti-virus programs can

be addressed just for you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines