• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Make PDF files work with Sony EReader

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some old paperbacks that I would like to scan into PDF to read on my Sony EReader.  I have scanned in a few pages to test if this works, and it is all OK apart from the pages will not resize the font.  So you can only see the page in the original size.  How do I scan in a page so that it automatically wraps itself around and increases the font size.  I have Acrobal Professional 8.  I am using a DR7580 Canon scanner with Capture Perfect.  I have tried both scanning in on Capture Perfect and also Acrobat but it will not work on either.  Please help.  It seemed like an easy idea - but proving more difficult than I thought

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

The output of any scanner is an image.
No different than if you used a camera to take a picture.
So no "fonts".
Nor can an image reflow to fit an eReader's screen or the screen of a portable device.

Provided you author content in an application that has tag management you can output a Tagged PDF.
Tagged PDF is what provides reflow (and other features).
Authored to an appropriate page size a tagged PDF would work well on an eREader.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - now I just need to work our how to create a tagged PDF and I'm cooking on gas 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines