Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Read Document

Level 4

Hi,

Can someone help me with the Read Document activity. The activity takes input as the URL of the document which i want to read. But the issue is its not picking up the Document. I tried giving both the local system URL and the repository URL. But an error message comes up "File not Found". Can you tell me the exact form of Input which i need to pass.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Read Document reads a file from the file system into a document variable. The url need to be a valid url for the server since the component executes on the server.

Read Ressource reads a file from the LiveCycle repository into a document variable.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

You need to put the location on the file system. Something like c:\folder\subfolder\myfile.txt

Jasmin

Level 4

Hi Jasmin,

Can you help me with the difference between Read Document and Read Resource Content service. Also for Read Document is it required that the URL which we give should be of server? My server and workbench are on different machines.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Read Document reads a file from the file system into a document variable. The url need to be a valid url for the server since the component executes on the server.

Read Ressource reads a file from the LiveCycle repository into a document variable.

Jasmin

Level 4

Thank you very much. that info was very helpful

Level 7

Jasmin,

What is the difference between file system and repository. I think both are same... plz let me know

Level 8

To over simplify:  The Repository is the LiveCycle database.  The file system is the server's hard drive.

Level 7

Thank you Hodmi, you ppl are rocking this forum.. thanks alot..:)