• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 10 not working

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did a recovery system on my computer and had to install everything over again so I installed flash player 10 for IE and on all the websites that use flash player theres either a blank screen or a loading screen but nothing appears....how do i fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idk what to do.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - do you see the Flash Animation, and a version number beneath it?  If so, FP is correctly installed and working.

Some sites claim to require Flash Player, when in fact they mean Shockwave Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went there and it says the version and the mov

ie is playing,.........music videos

and players on myspace dosent work/dont appear, videos on twitter/ustream/chatrooms dosent work, do those require another player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't know - these sites should tell you what player(s) you need.

Have you tried to install Shockwave Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i tried shockwave, still the same problem, it seems to be every streaming type of video doesnt play right, its either blank or has a grey loading circle in the middle of a blank screen, but the prieviews/stillviews for the video shows. When i right click on the loadings of the video it gives me my adobe flash settings, so that should mean that video uses flash right? IDK.......i tried uninstalling(with adobe uninstaller), rebooting and then reinstalling and rebooting again and again, every website seems so two demenstional without the flash thingy working right.........:-( im so fustrated!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Using IE, find your Add ons and locate Shockwave Flash Object.. ActiveX Control ...Flash10e.ocx vs 10.0.45.2 and make sure it is Enabled, if it isn't Enable it. Then try the sites again.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did and its enable so is javascript, i even got FF browser now to see if it would work with that and the same thing happens and everything is enabled too. youtube works but chatrooms and certain videos like ustream and myspace music videos doesn�t, it was working fine bfore i did the recovery and the updated installments.........i think its the loading process thats not working right.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok well if the SWO in IE and the SWF in FF are installed and enabled. Before we consider what is preventing the website/Flash Player working properly.

Take a look at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and open Flash and post back all files listed there. We need to make sure that not only are the correct files installed, but no old files.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IDK if i did ir right but this is what i found in the folder via search...........

flashplayer.xpt

install

NPSWF32.dll

NPSWF32_Flash Util

uninstall_plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know either. What you listed is the correct Flash Player files but only for FF. There are none listed for IE.

However, I think you said Shockwave Flash Object was in the IE add ons.

Was there a reason that you did not use the path I listed?

Do you need directions to get there as I listed?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleated the adds for IE because im not using it anymore, im now only using FF bc its faster and better but i did a search and run and those are the only files in my flash folder now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? What version of IE?  Do you mean you Disabled the add ons in IE, or Removed them/Deleted?

Some of them you would have had to Remove the Program.  I'm not clear on what you had or what you did here, or how.

Well then you'll need to list the plug-ins, add ons and extensions that you have in FF.

Also in Add/Remove via Control Panel, post back all Java listings with version numbers.

Do you see a DLM/GetPlus listing?

What players do you have installed?

Thanks

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To luv2010:

What I asked you to provide is going to take some time. I'll look at it tomorrow(Wed) and post back.

Thanks

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.thank u for taking the time to help me with my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the Flash player i had running in IE with the adobe uninstaller then i reinstalled the FF version, i have IE 8

Im using HP with intel, windows xp

under add/remove control panal i have J2SE Runtime Enviroment 5.0 and Jave(TM) Updated 17

players i have Real, Quick, and windows media 10

extentions= FireFTP 1.0.7

Jave Quick starter 1.0

WOT

Yahoo toolbar

Plug in=

Adobe acrobat 7.0

Java Development Tool kit 6.0.170.4

Jave(TM)Platfome SE 6 U17

Microsoft DRM 9.0.03250(netscape object)

Microsoft DRM 9.0.03250(netscape plugin)

Mozella Default Plugin 1.0.0.15

Quicktime plug-in 7.2

Quicktime plug-in 7.6.2

RealJuxBox NS Plugin

RealPlayer Version Pugin 6.0.12.1059

Realplayer(tm) Gt liveconnect-Enable-plug-in(32-bit)

Shockwave Flash 10.0.45.2

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic link library 3.0.2.628

No i dont see a DLM/GetPlus listing.......(where should i see it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so all you did was Uninstall FP from IE, your add ons in IE are still there, right?

In the Add/Remove, you need to Uninstall the old Java J2SE. The latest is JRE 6 update 18 (unless they update to 19)

The JRE 6 update 18 should be the only Java listing in Add/Remove unless you are a Developer, etc.

The FF plugins: The 2 Java need removed. The Quicktime plugin 7.2 is old I think, looks like the 7.6.2 is the newer, so the old one should be removed.

After you remove the above then be sure to Reboot. Here is the Java link:

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

When you open this, page down and look for "What Java do I need?" To the right, "Download JRE" Click on it, click  on the arrow(select Platform & Language) select Windows. Check the box to agree to license info. Skip over name & password info, Continue. Disregard any installer info, Look for i586 and you want the Offline Install. SAVE this to your desktop. Then close all browsers and RUN. After it is fully installed, Open your browser and Reboot.

Check in add/remove and confirm it is there. Then check your plugins for the Java entries.

You will probably see Java add ons in IE also, since Java installs in IE & FF at the same time, unlike FP.

If you didn't see any Adobe DLM/ or GetPlus, then disregard.

I am logging off!!

eidnolb

If you have any questions about any of this, manana will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i Uninstalled FP from IE, and my add ons in IE are still there.

In Add/Remove i uninstalled the old Java J2SE, i removed both javas, looked in my FF plugin and no Javas where there anymore, I updated to the new version of Quicktime plugin(theres only 1 listed in my plugin now) I rebooted then went to the site u gave me and followed ur directions after rebooting i checked add/remove and confirm its in there and its the only one in there. And just to make sure all my plug-ins and players where updated i ran find updates in my add on options and it says everything is updated to current versions........and after all that my problem still remains.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well you have been very busy I see. Good job too. Now go to the FF plugins, add ons, extensions and post back all

of the Java add ons/plugins, etc.

You don't have ad-block in the FF add ons do you?

Also that WOT, is that the Web of Trust? How does that work? Is it a prevention action?

Go to Control Panel, double click on the Java icon, click on Advanced Tab, double click on Default for Java Browsers.

When this opens, make sure a check mark is entered beside Mozilla Family and Microsoft Internet Explorer(just in case you want to install FP in IE later and you may forget about this) If a check mark is missing, put it there. Click Apply, ok and then Reboot your computer.

Note: If a check mark is already entered buy greyed out so as you cannot Uncheck it, then tell me that. It is important.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

java extentions = java consol 6.0.18

java quick starter 1.0

plug in= java developmentkit toolkit 6.0.180.7

Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U18

no i dont have ad block , had it but removed it before installing Flash

yes, WOT is Web Of Trust, it basicley lets you manually rate websites trust levels and lets u see how others rate it so u can know if its harmful or not

now when i go to control panel where exactly am i suppose to go next to be able to click on Java?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i found the Java under Other Control Panel options, i did what u told me to do ,everything was already checked and no it was not grey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I must say I have not seen so much trouble with getting FF working. The WOT, does it affect your browser in any way? Does it work as Trusted Sites in IE? Would you need to enter Adobe as a WOT? I have never used FF, so just trying

to understand some of the add ons and how they work in FF and relating them to IE.

When you open Control Panel, do you see the Java icon, the coffee cup? That is what you would double click on to open it and then go from there per my instructions.

I am going to check out the Java plugins you listed.  Will comment if needed.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when u search there is a color dot on each side of the website indicating how safe it is, it dosent control or affect ur web browser, everything is controled by you,(adobe has a safe dot by it) i do have Norton Internet Security installed thou

yeah, i saw the java thingy and did what u said........

idk, why im having all this trouble with the flash player...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ok on the Java check, glad you found it. I have a concern about the Java plugins, the ones you listed are not the same as I've seen with other users that installed the latest Java 6 update 18 and use FF.

Check and see at the FF Toolbar, on add ons, extensions and plugins if there are more.

I know for a fact that when the JRE 6 update 18 comes down for IE, there are 5 Java plugins/ActiveX installed in the add ons. I just check a mid Jan this year install of Java with FF and the plugins are different and there are more of them, that is why I am asking.

You may want to go here and test the Java:http://java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

Don't forget my questions about the WOT when you have time.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats all the Javas i see,I tested the java and it says its working but before it started to work it did a quick update and then my Norton Security popped up asking if i would allow it before the movie played, so could this be the reason my flash isnt working right?

WOT is hard to explain cause im new to it but u can go on there site and find out more about it http://www.mywot.com/en/aboutus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines