• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New topic causing problem with TOC

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 TOCs in my project. I just added a new topic to the project and included it in both TOCs. When I generate a chm using the default TOC it compiles fine but when I do it using the other TOC only part of the TOC is generated. All the topics exist and can be reached via links in other topics but the TOC only shows one folder and a couple of topics.

If I remove the new topic from the TOC, it generates fine so it is definitely the new topic that is casuing problems. I have tried moving it around the TOC and there are a few places where it compiles OK such as at the very bottom of the TOC or inside some of the books (but not all books).

It makes no difference whether or not I use it as the start page (which is what I want to do).

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say I'm using RH7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem in that if I had a topic in one position (where I wanted it), an image did not print. If I moved the topic in the TOC, the image did print.

Eventually we found that compiling on a different PC fixed the problem. The second PC had more RAM but that should not have been an issue.

Can you try the same project on a different machine?

I'm about to go offline for several hours so no quick replies to whatever you may post back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter

I can't easily try another machine but I will do when I get a chance to set it up. In the meantime I have found a workaround, namely that I am using the new topic as the start page so it doesn't actually NEED to be in the TOC. And at least I know it wasn't something I did wrong.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update on this issue:

I have recently transferred to a new faster machine (running Vista instead of XP, not sure if this has any relevance) and so far, the problem hasn't occurred under similar circumstances.

So far, so good.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp