• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access denied when publishing?

Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I've been publishing RH8 content to a folder on our network for a while and now it's telling me that Access is denied. Before I go and hassle the admin is there anything in RH that would cause this?

The funny thing is that I can manually copy the generated files into the folder so it just seems as though something is wrong with the publishing process in RH.

Anyway your help appreciated as always.

Nick.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access is Denied or Publishing is Cancelled? The latter is covered in Snippets on my site.

If it is Access is Denied, check your details in the last page of the wizard. I recently found I had somehow picked up some old logon details. Still not sure how but correcting that fixed the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

In addition to what my esteemed colleague Peter has advised, you might also check the source and destination for a file called thumbs.db. If you find it in either location, delete it. It's a Windows file that gets added to a folder when you view the folder using thumbnails view. And it can cause issues with publishing as Windows sees it as a system type file. So that sometimes throws the publishing process into a dither.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp