Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using WebHelp in a Java application

Explorer ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been given the green light to investigate what it would take to display our current RoboHelp-generated JavaHelp 2.0 project, currently linked up to a Java application, as a Webhelp project instead. It's built in RoboHelp 5.02 HTML.

We've had two JavaHelp output corruptions in the last month, caused by RoboHelp, and people around here are getting nervous. The search function failed twice.

The key to changing over to WebHelp, I think, is to rationally counter any arguments our Java programmers will have, since they were the ones who so strongly advocated for JavaHelp 4 years ago when we first built it. I expect the "conversion" will require some work on their end (almost none on ours), but I need to get details.

Any info you could give me (names of people I could call or email too) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
See the JavaHelp article on my site.

I had developers saying they had to have JavaHelp for their Java application. After discussion we established that for where this was going to be used, webhelp was just as acceptable. Being easier for us that won the day.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp