• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need help with specifying destination when publishing webhelp

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running RH8 on Windows XP.  I have always previously published my project (as Webhelp Pro) to a network web server, but somehow my destination server settings got wiped out.  However, when I tried to set them up again, now the only option available to me under Connection Protocols is Robohelp Server.  I used to FTP the files to the network server.  Where did this option go?  I don't have Robohelp Server.  I am attaching a screen shot.  I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this issue.

Thanks so much,

Emilyrobohelp.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Hi Emily.

The dialog you have provided is part of the WebHelp Pro single source layout where you specify the location you want your published output to be placed on the RoboHelp Server application. If you haven't got this application installed, you can't use this single source layout. I think what you require is the WebHelp single source layout which does indeed offer you the opportunity to FTP the output to your desired location.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technic

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily.

The dialog you have provided is part of the WebHelp Pro single source layout where you specify the location you want your published output to be placed on the RoboHelp Server application. If you haven't got this application installed, you can't use this single source layout. I think what you require is the WebHelp single source layout which does indeed offer you the opportunity to FTP the output to your desired location.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right- I was inadvertantly generating Webhelp Pro instead.  I can't believe I didn't notice.  Thanks so much for your help! 

Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily

In addition to the excellent advice Colum offered, I might suggest that you consider simply deleting the WebHelp Pro layout from the Single Source Layouts pod. If you aren't using RoboHelp Server, there is no need to even have the layout present.

This should prevent any future oddness from creeping in.

Just a thought... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good idea.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp