• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One ereader with 2 computers (different email addresses)

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have looked through the help, FAQ, and forum, and have not found an answer to my question.  Since it seems that there are a lot of ways to do the wrong thing, I thought I'd ask before I tried anything.

I have authorized ADE on one computer (running Windows 7), then authorized my Sony pocket ereader after loading the Sony library software. This all appears to work, and I successfully downloaded a library book. I have a second computer running Windows XP and having a different email address, on which I have installed ADE, and I would like to use my Sony reader with this computer as well.  Is this as simple as authorizing the second computer with the same Adobe ID, then connecting my reader? Will the reader already be authorized to work with the second computer (i.e., is it the Adobe ID that is important, not the actual computer)?  If not, can I authorize it? Is one reader with two computers a problem?  Is it a problem that the computers have different email addresses and/or operating systems?

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Thanks for any help, 

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is the AdobeID that matters.  You will want to have all 3 (the two computers, and the Sony Reader) authorized to the same AdobeID, if you want to share content between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim!  I'll give it a try and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo!  Works!  Thanks Jim!

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines