Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to share Captivate 4 slideshow

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created my first slideshow in Captivate 4 which includes 65 photos.

1. Can I publish it in Google Picasa so my friends can view it?

2.If not, how can I share it and does another user need to have Captivate to watch it.

thank you

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Hello,

Perhaps I'm not always very clear, due to English only being my third language. Photoshop was my first 'love' from the Adobe brand, many, many years ago (started with version 2.5, after the decease of Photostyler) and I'm still a big fan, using it all the time (even for improving screenshots). Do not know Fireworks, I'm an academic and we are tight on budgets. Always having a lot of trials on my machine to judge possiblities. Very happy that I could recommend and use PS, Acrobat, Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How do you publish? You could publish as a 'exe' file or as a 'pdf'. The first one will really be standalone. For the multimedia pdf your friend needs to have only the free Adobe Reader 9. Previous versions of the Reader do not support multimedia pdf.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Lilybiri. Do you know if I can place this slideshow on Google Picasa on the web so my friend can access it...? or what' s the best way to transafer this file to another computer on the web...? may be compress it with Zip it or with RAR...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Depends on the size of the resulting file! You could send it by mail if the size is acceptable (eventually RAR, compresses more than ZIP), or you just put it on Sendit, or on Acrobat.com (you can have free space there up to 5GB: surf to acrobat.com) and send the link to your friend.

Do not use Picasa myself, so cannot answer you about it.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, I was able to send a slide show as pdf. but photo quality became worse....:(

anyways, thanks for your help,guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Understand: pdf is really a digital print, and since in CP everything is compressed to keep file sizes to a reasonable number, you'll lose quality. But this depends on the settings too: you can adjust the compression in CP: under Edit, Preferences, Project, SWF size and Quality. If you play around a little bit with those settings you could improve the quality. But this will result in larger file size of course.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip. I tried those settings but didn't see much improvement. I also compared images in pdf and browser - they look basically the same. But I will keep those settings in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A lot depends of course on the original photos too. If I'm using a photo in CP, I'll always try to compress it myself in Photoshop to a PNG-file, to have full control over the result, and with the (total) resolution to be used in CP. But have to confess that I'm a control freak...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. Thanks for the tip about Photoshop. I am kinda control freak too...that's why I am prefer Fireworks for layout and Photoshop for image manipulation. Please, excuse my curiosity but I didn't quite understand what did you mean saying you are a control freak too...:)? Did you mean you prefer some other applications over Photoshop...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Perhaps I'm not always very clear, due to English only being my third language. Photoshop was my first 'love' from the Adobe brand, many, many years ago (started with version 2.5, after the decease of Photostyler) and I'm still a big fan, using it all the time (even for improving screenshots). Do not know Fireworks, I'm an academic and we are tight on budgets. Always having a lot of trials on my machine to judge possiblities. Very happy that I could recommend and use PS, Acrobat, Captivate and recently the eLS. When I mentioned to be a control freak, you'll understand why I'm not a fan at all of MS products (have to teach MS Project and always cursing it) because there is so much going on behind the scenes that one cannot control. In PS, and especially with the latest features in CP I never have the same frustrations. Hope this explanation is sufficient?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Just one last question: this thread is still marked as Unanswered. If this is how you feel about it, no problem. But if you had some relevant answers, perhaps you could change the status? This is for the sake of other readers.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have no clue if Picasa can handle a Captivate presentation. Is it able to present Flash content? If so, maybe you can.

Typically you Publish from Captivate to create a SWF file, an HTM file and a JavaScript file. All three files are typically copied to whatever medium in order for others to view it. Most often, this is some sort of a web server. Once all the files are present, you provide a link that opens the HTM file. That file then looks for the JavaScript file and the last action is to load and present the SWF.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh! Lilybiri's post wasn't there when I looked earlier. Sorry for stepping on any toes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whose toes ?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources