• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this causing so many problems. On and off I have been trying to get an answer for about a year. I now am currently unable to use my sony PRS-505 reader at all, because I can no longer download any books anywhere. I love my reader and now i might as well just throw it away. What a waist of money. JIM LESTER where are you? It seems from reading other forums you can reset activations so i can authorise my pc. I have even tried to set up a web case and been unsuccesful. So if your out there PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

Julie (treaclelatte0101

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support handles the resets.  You can get support by submitting a web case at http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal

If you have submitted a web case and haven't gotten response please post the case #, and I'll complain to the support management team for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Jim Lester

I have tried to set up a web case but i can't get in to do it. There is a section that asks you to

1) choose issue type  either how to use product or other?   I put other

2) choose product     either your products or additional? I tried to put your products but it wouldn't let me do any combination of any answers

it then has a CONTINUE  option and it wouldn't let me do that either.

So it seems i'm stuck bang nowhere with no one who can help me. currently i want to take my laptop and my reader and throw them at something or someone in pure frustration.

thanks  treaclelatte0101 (julie)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Additional Products, and then from the drop down list select "Adobe Digital Editions", and then the continue button should enable and you will be able to finish entering the information needed for the support case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that but for some reason the drop down list won't drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Jim Lester

I have tried that but for some reason the drop down menu will not drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Jim Lester

At last I finally managed to open a web case this morning #0181460893 the drop down menu was working Hooray!

My only concern now is how long it will take to get back to me. Not holding out much hope. I'm going on vacation in August when I like to take my reader with me maybe I'll have answer by then. Also there will at some point be the issue that my computer will not stay authorised as it asks me to authorise evey time I sign in. Still I guess thats an issue for another day. Beginning to wish I'd never seen a sony reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please have hope. I know both Sony & Adobe are working on the problem. I too have a Sony PRS505. And have had problems staying authorized since the change. One temp solution that worked for me was to try using a different sign on on my windows software. I seemed my problem was only in my usual user ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I know this is an on going problem that will hopefully be resolved soon. So for now I will keep going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines