• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Heading style different than expected

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When compiling my source documents to HTML help instead of Winhelp 2000, my Heading 2 text is right justified instead of left justified. In Winhelp 2000 help it is correctly left justified.

From the Single Source HTML parameters, in my "HTML HELP formatting - Microsoft HTML Help" window I selected "External style sheet based on existing style sheet". I picked a file name AfdAdmin.css. I thought this might be controlling the Heading 2 format so I examined its contents. For what I presume is the Heading 2 definition, I saw the following text:

H2 { margin-right:18.00pt; margin-top:6.00pt; margin-bottom:6.00pt; text-align:left; font-family:Arial; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; margin-top:12.00pt; margin-bottom:7.20pt; text-align:left; font-family:Verdana; font-size:15pt; color:black; font-weight:bold; margin-top:0.00pt; margin-bottom:6.00pt; text-align:right; font-family:Arial; font-size:12pt; }

To me it appears that there are three fonts associated with Heading 2. (Why would that be?) The third font in the list indicates "text-align:right". I presume that is the problem. I can manually change that and save the css file, but after a recompile, the css file is apparently regenerated and the "text-align:right" is there again.

How can I ensure that the Heading 2 is left justified in the HTML output?

Den DiMarco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008
Now that I've spent some time in the forum, I think that this probably should have been posted under Robohelp for Word.

Anyway, to get at the style sheet to fix the problem, the answer was to import the help project into Robohelp for HTML and then modify the problem style via the menu Format > Styles > Heading 2 > Modify > Format > Paragraph > Indentation > Special. Then change Hanging to (none).

When using Robohelp for Word, the format paragraph dialog box did not show a "special" value of h...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Now that I've spent some time in the forum, I think that this probably should have been posted under Robohelp for Word.

Anyway, to get at the style sheet to fix the problem, the answer was to import the help project into Robohelp for HTML and then modify the problem style via the menu Format > Styles > Heading 2 > Modify > Format > Paragraph > Indentation > Special. Then change Hanging to (none).

When using Robohelp for Word, the format paragraph dialog box did not show a "special" value of hanging. It had shown "(none)".

I suspect this is because the style sheet contains multiple definitions for this style. Next I would like to be able to safely remove the additional definitions. I'll look for a discussion about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp