• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patch chaining- acrobat.exe gets downgraded.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/507/cpsid_50720.html I've created a single installation, effectively taking an y 9.x release to 9.3 (current).

However, Acrobat.exe gets downgraded to v9.1.0.163 (even if I start at v9.2 - yet all the other files get upgraded).  When I access the menu About Acrobat Pro... the splash reveals the version to be 9.3.   Something in the chain sequence or an undocumented fix 🙂 ?

Here's my sequence updating the ENU version: 
msiexec /p "AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd911_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd912_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd913_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd920_all_incr.msp;AcrobatUpd930_all_incr.msp" REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL /qb

Need I be concerned?

#
TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found my own answer at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/498/cpsid_49880.html outlining the proper patch sequencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feels like I'm blogging here.

If any browser happens to be open while installing the chained patches, certain files (eg. acrobat.exe) do not get updated.  The only way to fix is to do a repair via the ARP or msiexec ... /fpecms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you... I was having so many problems due to my browser being open... and I didn't even know that was the problem. Thanks again for the information. - RSF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines