• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming the main .htm for launching webhelp

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project started out being named after the product. Since then, we have rebranded the product for a different customer so I have 2 versions of the help, using conditional build tags to create the different output.

The Project Title needs to show the product name so when I create the webhelp output for each customer, I change the title accordingly in File>Project Settings. This changes the browser title to show the correct product name.

But I have realised that the main .htm file which is used to launch the webhelp still has the original name and this is displayed in the URL bar of the browser and also in the tooltip that displayes when the user hovers on the browser tab.

How can I change this filename? I will need to change it every time we do a release as each release needs a version for both customers.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To change the file name of the WebHelp Start Page, you edit the properties of the Single Source Layout you are using.

Normally when I facilitate a RoboHelp HTML class, I advise folks that always naming the file Index.htm is a good habit to have.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, it's not the name of the start page that is showing in the tooltip and URL. I don't really know what it is except that it's a .htm file in the project folder named the same as the .glo, .hhc, hhk, lng etc.

I've attached an image to try to explain what I mean. MACRO3Help was the original name of the project.

tooltip and url.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please post a screen capture of the following.

Right-click the WebHelp Single Source Layout and capture the dialog. What do you see listed in the field at the top of the dialog?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two webhelp layouts, one for each product. The Project Name in the properties dialog is either agCapture4Help or MACRO4Help but never MACRO3Help. I entered this information manually for each layout.

webhelp dialog.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Okay, my bad. I see you are using WebHelp PRO. And that's a totally different thing than just WebHelp.

So are you publishing this to the RoboHelp Server? If not, WebHelp PRO is not the output you need to be using. It is only intended to work in concert with RoboHelp Server. We see lots of folks that see the word "PRO" and mistakenly conclude that it just has to be what they want, because if WebHelp is good, then WebHelp PRO just HAS to be all that and a bag of chips. So they gravitate right to it.

If you really are using RoboHelp Server, I'll have to leave it at this point for another person to answer or help with. I don't have that sort of setup to play with, so I'm pretty useless with that output type. Sorry.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh gosh, I hadn't even realised there were two types of webhelp. And no I'm not using the RH server.

So I have just created a standard Webhelp output and it all works fine.

Thank you SO much.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp