Exit

RoboHelp 8 HTML/TOC Levels/Topic Names

Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2010 Feb 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a new user to Robohelp HTML 8.

I have several HTML files (created in Homesite 5.5) that I have imported into Robohelp.  Headings are defined as <h1> <h2> and <h3>.

I have two issues (so far) relating to TOCs that I have been unable to solve.

1.  The name that displays in the TOC listing is the name of the link and not the name of the topic. For example, in <h1><a name="ovr">Overview</a></h1>, the TOC displays "ovr" when I want it to display "Overview".

2.  Robohelp doesn't seem to recognize the differences between <h1>, <h2> and <h3>.  All headings are at the same level.  I have been unable to locate a screen or setting I can use to configure the TOC. Is there one?

I realize that the files I am importing need a lot of tweaking for RoboHelp.  They were used differently, and right now, I'm just  trying to determine the scope of my nightmare 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2010 Feb 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code looks like the remnants of a hyperlink, just the name part with no link.

Unless you know something about it, the code does nothing so remove it. You can remove those topics from the TOC and add them back in or just rename them in the TOC editor.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2010 Feb 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A link with only a name attribute is a bookmark anchor. You can jump to such a bookmark using a hyperlink. Removing it may break some hyperlinks... The correct syntax however is: <h1><a name="ovr"></a>Overview</h1>. If you correct this, does this solve the wrong label problem?

As for the Headings, do they correctly come through in your topics, or does RoboHelp turn them all into H1?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doh. Thanks for picking up my dumb error.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp