• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ELF CLASS error after mod_jrun22.so rebuild

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2008 Apr 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing CF8 multi-server on a Dell PowerEdge server (64 bit) running Linux Redhat Enterprise V5

Installed XAMPP for Linux 1.6.6 (Apache 2.2.8, etc.)

After running /opt/jrun4/bin/cf-connector.sh all goes well and the new module mod_jrun22.so is built and included into Apache's startup file httpd.conf, but when Apache attempts to restart, get the message below (the last few lines of cf-connector's log file at /opt/jrun4/Connectorinstall.txt).

I have tried both the 32- and 64-bit versions of CF8, I've tried running wsconfig directly using the -ws32 switch. I now have about 25 copies of httpd.conf!!!

If I understand the error correctly, mod_jrun22.so is being built as a 64-bit object and httpd is needing a 32-bit object.

I have examined every instance of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the source and build files to see if there is a 64-bit library referenced and haven't found any.

I'm really hoping someone out there knows what I need to do to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Dan Parchman, IT Technician
Juniper Systems, Inc.
www.junipersys.com

Error message:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008
Brian,

I have learned that the compiler will build a 32- or 64-bit object depending on the ELFCLASS of the first module it uses during the compile, which in my (and yours, I suppose) case is 64 bits.

The workaround I found: unzip the wsconfig.jar into a folder:

cd %PathToColdfusion8%/runtime/lib
unzip -d wsconfig_unzip wsconfig.zip

Then navigate into wsconfig_unzip/connectors and find the prebuilt mod that you need. In my case it was at:
wsconfig_unzip/connectors/apache/intel-linux/prebuilt/...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the ColdFusion developer's 64-bit edition version 8 on the same machine
running Fedora, I got the same problem.

I tried the Prerelease version. I notified the prerelease staff that I was getting
a floating point exception, about two-three months ago.

Apparently, the developers ignored the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Brian,

I have learned that the compiler will build a 32- or 64-bit object depending on the ELFCLASS of the first module it uses during the compile, which in my (and yours, I suppose) case is 64 bits.

The workaround I found: unzip the wsconfig.jar into a folder:

cd %PathToColdfusion8%/runtime/lib
unzip -d wsconfig_unzip wsconfig.zip

Then navigate into wsconfig_unzip/connectors and find the prebuilt mod that you need. In my case it was at:
wsconfig_unzip/connectors/apache/intel-linux/prebuilt/mod_jrun22.so

Copy the mod to:
%PathToColdfusion8%/runtime/lib/wsconfig/1/mod_jrun22.so

Start (or restart) ColdFusion and you should be good to go.

(By the way, in my earlier post I was running ColdFusion in multiserver mode [jrun]- I've since learned that since we purchased the Standard version instead of the Enterprise version that I should have been using the single-server version [coldfusion8])

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation