Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Detailed TOC Report

Feb 26, 2010 Feb 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a detailed TOC report - including every topic in every folder from the Top Level Folder on down. There appears to be no difference between the Detailed view and the Overview when selecting the top level folder. Is there a way to create a complete TOC report in one step, without creating a separate report for each folder within the Top Level Folder?

My projects each have several folders and sub-folders. Nothing is nested more than 2 folders deep.

I am using RH8 and generating WebHelp.

I created these reports in RH7, but can't access the same level of detail in RH8. Any workarounds?

Thanks.

Helen (aka VetEditor)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2010 Feb 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you include some information and screenshots showing how you are going about this. Nothing has changed with Tools > Reports so I am puzzled as to why you are having a problem. You do have the folders set to All Folders?

Sorry but I don't open Word documents from any forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My reply would echo Peter's to some extent in that the issue is maybe the "All Folders" issue. But I like to live on the dangerous side so I opened the Word doc. I see it's what you get with the TOC report configured to Overview.

I also tossed a small (and rough) video together in the event you aren't exactly sure what changes affect what.

Click here to view the video

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Rick hit on the problem - I may have been using Top Level Folder, not All Folders. I'll try again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

While I may have more easily pointed the problem out, Peter actually offered the same in the first reply. It's just that he was rather generic about asking if the option was configured whle I presented the video that maybe drove the point home.

I guess what I read is true. I saw someone had added the following signature line to an E-Mail message and I loved it. The line read:

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand pictures!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp