Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I  try  to  create  CAI by captivate3. The project contain

1. 10 items pre-test

2. Lesson

3. 10 items  post-test

My problem is I  cannot separate in post-test from the pre-test. That  is  when  I  insert 10 items  multiple  choice  post-test  after  lesson, Quiz  result slide  will  automatically  after  the  post - test  slide  and  then  make  it  20 items.

I  want  to  separate  the  pre-test's  quiz  result  slide  from  the  post-test's.

How  can  I  operate  it?

Thanks  a  lot

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It will be necessary to have the pre- and post-test in different files to have the results separately. With CP4 it could be possible to have a solution in the same file, using variables and advanced actions, but that is not possible in CP3.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could  you please  explain me step by step?

I  apologize  but  I  just  learn  about  this.  I  need  more  detail  step  by  step  so  that  I  can  follow  it.  Thanks  a  lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of CP do you use?

I mean that you create a CP-file with the pre-test, it will then report the score for this test OK.

Make a second file for your lesson, eventually you can add the post-test in this same file and it will report the score of this post-test. Or you create the post-test in a third file.

You will have to chain them together: in CP4 you can use the Aggregator, or you make a short CP-file functioning as a sort of menu in which you put links to the three (or two) other files.

Hope this makes sense (what is your native language?)

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Lilybiri

I'm  Thai. I use  cp4. I'm  not  sure you understand my poor English or not?

Anyway, I followed your advise to make  3  files  as follows:

First --> pre-test + Lesson

Second -->  post- test

Third --> Main menu

For  the  main  menu, I  made  a  button  to  link  to  pre-test  and post-test  by  choosing

"open url or file"  I  can  preview  this  in  my  computer  but  I  can't  preview  the  link (pre-test and post-test)  in

another  computer.

Could  you  provide  me  software  simulation  step  by  step?

Thank  you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'm not a native English speaker myself, hope I did not hurt you by asking. It is not easy to explain in another language, sometimes I could help in another language but Thai, no that is not possible at all; was in Thailand long ago, very kind people.

About your question: first of all, did you install the update for CP4? Open the menu Help, choose Updates.

In 'Open URL or File' you need to have a relative path, this means only the file name, no indication like c:\MyDocuments\My Adobe Captivate Projects\... Just delete that part. Or, instead of browsing for the file (using the ellipsis '...') type only the file name (CP-file) in.

Be sure to have the 3 files in the same folder. When publishing you need to have them in the same folder too.

Hope you can understand what I tried to explain.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources