Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images missing from Word layout (RH7)

Apr 14, 2008 Apr 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fairly large Help project in RH7 (37,000 words). When I generate an output to MS Word 2003, some images are missing from some of the topics. The images are all .gif format and do not have Conditional Build Tags attached.
Any ideas, anyone? I am not looking forward to comparing 170 pages with their respective Help topics in RH, and inserting the missing images manually!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] How much memory in the PC?

2] Are the missing images left or right aligned? See Snippets on my site.

3] This may sound whacky so trust me. Find a topic with the problem and then move the book in the TOC that contains that topic to a different position in the TOC. Generate again. Any change?
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Memory: 1.25Gb; normally 650Mb free. (I use the free 'FreeRam Pro' utility to monitor and optimise memory).
2. I have created a paragraph style called 'Image' that I apply to nearly all my screen shot images; this centres the image. The number of imsges missing is small, but it is still a big nuisance to have to check 260 images to see if they are all there.
3. OK, I'll try it; but these take maybe 10 minutes to generate on a 3GHz Pentium 4.

Best wishes,
Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] Could be a memory issue. I had some problems with a project but generating from a machine with 3gb ram fixed it.

2] If images have any alignment shown in the RH insert image dialogue, that does cause this problem. What you have done is a bit different but it could be Word interprets it the same way. Remove the centred attribute in both RH and Word and then try again. You can always add the attribute back in Word later.

3] I'd leave the third one until all else fails.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the ToC book as suggested, and did a rebuild. The missing images have returned. Good grief - does someone dream these up on purpose? Sigh!...

Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Be grateful you are not the one who had to spend a day figuring out that solution! At least I got the added RAM from IT first. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp