• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persisting slide when importing a PPT presentation after publishing in Flash 7

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been reading about people's various problems with importing Powerpoint but so far haven't found exactly the problem that I have been encountering.

I am using Captivate 4 with Windows XP and have tried both PP2003 and PP2007 versions of the presentations with the same results :

One ppt slide (always the same) remains in the background of my published Captivate during the whole presentation.

The .cp version of my work is flawless, the PPT does not habe any animation.

I tried to publish as .exe and as .html with the same results (always in Flash 7 version)

However, this graphic bug disappeared when I published in Flash 10. But my clients only have Flash 7.

Does anyone know if I can get rid of this bug while publishing in Flash 7 version ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

You can see an example of two slides one on the other below :

Error CP.JPG

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Hi,

Have you installed the latest patch available for Captivate 4? If not please install the latest patch and then try to import the PowerPoint once again. Once published check if your issue is resolved.

There was a similar issue resolved in patch update, hence this suggestion. Just give it a try.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you able to share a PPT file that causes this issue? That way we could download and test on our end and perhaps offer a suggestion for preventing it from happening.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your quick answer.

You will find attached a sample of my PPT presentation.

However, my graphic bug has evolved since yesterday. Now I only have strange marks that appear in a specific slide of the powerpoint (slide 4, 8, 11, 13 nd 15 in the sample

I also attach two printscreens of my bug : how my project appears after publishing in Flash 7, and how it appears after publishing in Flash 8,9 and 10 (the weird marks still appear, but are different).

Please tell me if you need more information.

Thansk again for your help.

Sincerely,Romain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I answered the e-mail and I attached the files to the e-mail but I don't know if you can receive them this way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Nope. Perhaps the best way is to use something like YouSendIt.

http://www.yousendit.com

You could then post the link here or use my own email address of rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you installed the latest patch available for Captivate 4? If not please install the latest patch and then try to import the PowerPoint once again. Once published check if your issue is resolved.

There was a similar issue resolved in patch update, hence this suggestion. Just give it a try.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Captiv8r, Hi Mvlele,

I installed the latest patch and my graphic bug disappeared.

Therefore I won't need to share my ppt

Thanks a lot for your fast and reliable answers !

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Romain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources