Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Extract subject from email

Level 2

I have configured an "Email start point" for my process.

I can receive and process the pdf attached to the emails, but I can't extract the subject (or the sender...) from the emails.

I followed the procedure explained in the guides: that is, I have defined a string input variable named "subject", and I have populated it with the literal %SUBJECT% in the "Email start point" --> Properties --> Inputs.

Run-time the input variable is populated with the plain text "%SUBJECT%"!!!

What do I have failed?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Fabio

This is a bug which is being addressed in Service Pack1.

As Jasmin said you can work around this issue by changing literal to variable.

However, for now you need to do this in the adminui not Workbench.

Go to: Services->Applications and Services->Service Management.

Find your application, select it and you should see the Endpoints panel.

Select the Email Endpoint.

Down at the bottom under Input Parameter Mappings change the dropdown to Variable from Literal and save the endpoint.

Diana

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

When you specify %SUBJECT%, select "variable" for the type and not "literal".

Jasmin

Level 2

Thank you Jasmin,

the matter is that in "Email start point properties" --> Inputs/Outputs --> Input Data filter, the input variables do not have the dropdown list for the type (literal, variable, xpath,....)

I.'m using Livecycle ES2 9.0

How can I do?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Fabio

This is a bug which is being addressed in Service Pack1.

As Jasmin said you can work around this issue by changing literal to variable.

However, for now you need to do this in the adminui not Workbench.

Go to: Services->Applications and Services->Service Management.

Find your application, select it and you should see the Endpoints panel.

Select the Email Endpoint.

Down at the bottom under Input Parameter Mappings change the dropdown to Variable from Literal and save the endpoint.

Diana

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----