• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects warning: Audio conforming failed for the following file:___________.cfa. Perhaps due t

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects warning: Audio conforming failed for thefollowing file:___________.cfa. Perhaps due to disk space.

I am working on a project for an internship and I am editing a video I had the video files working and then I started doing some editing and animations for the video  and now for some reason when I open the file into AE I get this message so I tried starting over same message when I import the video files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this page for information about clearing out the media cache: "The media cache"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

I've spent more time troubleshooting than working today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem after converting some MPG's to avi's... the resulting filenames were 'foo.MPG.avi' ... the error message only seemed to indicate it was foo.MPG, so AE thought it was a MPG container type by parsing wrong, when it wasnt. i renamed all my files to just the avi, like 'foo.avi' and then imported into AE and it worked, no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just restart your after effects after clearing your temp it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It wasn't working for me till I just restarted AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bro help me, dont work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked for me. you saved my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Facing this issue today - is there a more recent approach to resolving this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that this problem is caused by a problem in the *.mp3 file itself. In my case, I solved it by focusing on the problematic mp3 file, which was the last one I inserted before the problem occurred. Then I opened the file in Audacity and had a new mp3 exported with another name. I replaced the mp3 inside the project in After Effects and it stopped giving the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaudiusz26858244dwl1_0-1667045535833.png

working in AE 22.6 and this pops up everytime im opening AE project. I cleared cache, memory etc. After trying to open the mp3 file itself, it says that the format changed and now the file can not be opened as if after importing the file to AE 22.6 the file damages itself and have to do the entire process again. Any solutions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably don't want to hear this but I have tried everything I can think of; installing app, updating softwares and apps, deep disk cache clean, trying premiere pro, changing names of the files. Nothing seems to work, it's weird because only some of my files are doing it. I'm not sure what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried opening the file in Audition, changing the filetype and changing it back.

I used these files in September 2022, had to move the files to a new place on my C drive and have to use the exact same files, just swop out one file for an updated one for 2023 and I reaaally don't want to add the audio again and have to adjust it and add the fades manually.

What did you end up doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was an audio file deleted in the character animator but still present in the dynamic library, i got the error every time i did alt+tab for after effects.

Did a cleaning in the CAnimator project and timeline sounds (takes), and a fresh import again for scene in AE, all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this issue when using a Premiere Pro Sequence via Adobe Dynamic Link - Managed to solve the issue by deleting the sequence from my project and then switching on "Write XMP IDs to Files on Import" under Media & Disk Cache settings then importing the sequence again.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 11.17.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this issue many times when using dynamic link from PR into AE. The audio from the dynamic link works fine for a while then randomly stops working. In the past the issue has started and stopped seeemingly at random depending on the day. Today I fixed it by importing another audio file into the same comp. Somehow that jogged AE's memory and the audio from the dynamic link started working again. Weird. It might have something to do with files being offline in the PR project too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines