• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from RoboHelp for HTML Help x4.1

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I’m using an old version of RoboHelp – RoboHelp for HTML Help x4.1. I’ve now upgraded to a new machine using Windows7 (we’re also using Microsoft Office 2007).  I've tried to activiate RoboHelp on the new machine but it was trying to find an eHelp server – and it looks like the eHelp corporation doesn’t exist anymore? Anyway, I ‘ve contacted Adobe to see how I can activate my existing copy of RoboHelp. And then I started thinking about upgrading – and I’ve started to look into what I can upgrade to from version 4.1. It looks like I can purchase RoboHelp 8 – but it also looks like the oldest version you can upgrade to version 8 from is RoboHelp 5. And I can’t see that you can buy RoboHelp 7 anymore? Any advice and help would be appreciated. Regards, Nicky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upgrade to RH8 from any version of RH.

X4 can no longer be activated but Adobe will upgrade you to X5 at no cost. There are still activation issues with that but the "how to" is on my site under Snippets.

RH7 will likely work on Windows 7 but only RH8 is supported so that would be the version to go for.

Always make backups of your projects before you upgrade them so that you have could copies just in case something goes wrong.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm still waiting to hear from Adobe's customer service team - hopefully they'll provide the free uprgrade to version 5 option. Re upgrading, you say that you can upgrade to version 8 from any other version, but just chatting to an Adobe rep. online, he tells me that you can't upgrade from x4.1 to 8 - we'd have to buy the full version.

Nicky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you should be able to get X5 from Adobe.

I'll check re upgrade.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The story is you can upgrade your projects from all previous versions of RH but the upgrade pricing is only available for upgrades from X5, RH6, and RH7 to RH8.

Because you cannot activate earlier versions, you are entitled to a free upgrade to X5. However I believe that uses a special key which would not work with the upgrade key you would get if that is all you pay for.

Looks like the rep is right. It does mean Adobe is allowing the previous three versions to count for upgrading pricing which is more than it used to be.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okey dokey - stick with v5 or pay the full price for v8.

Cheers, Nicky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp