Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant move images after adding them to a variable

Participant ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8.02 HTML

I set up a range of user defined variables recently, for iamges, so I can change them out depending on what client the help file was for. All good, and its work well.

but I noticed a few images were not in the iamges folder, rather in the root folder. So in the spirit of being tidy I try to move them into the Images folder, in RH. and I get the error

"File cannot be renamed, file is currently in use in this project"

Which leads me to believe that once an image is added to a user defined variable then it cannot be moved???? surely not.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always with a problem like this, the quickest way to a solution is to create a brand new project and try there. I created a variable and snippet for good measure. In both cases I was able to then move the image in the usual way. I notice your error refers to renaming the file, different thing.

Try some tests and see how that goes.

Maybe close and reopen the project?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found the issue 10 mins after posting, haha. idiot.

old un-used images were sitting in that image folder, image33.gif etc that I thought were gone....thanks for assist.

now to stop being lazy and name my images to something meaningful 😕

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and make a note to post back when you find a solution. The solution helps others with the same issue and saves people checking things out when not needed.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the issue above....images with the same name already existed in the folder I was trying to move to. Nothing to do with variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My point was that someone else might hit the same problem and like you think it was associated with variables. So posting back to say it was not to do with variables and what you did find was the cause would help them. It would also have saved me looking into it as I would have seen your update. Your answer was only posted after I had looked into it.

It just helps.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp