• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing long lines of code - horiz auto scroll bug workaround?

Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a work around for the auto-scroll bug that makes it extremely difficult and tedious to edit long lines of code?

When editing a long line of code, and my editor window is scrolled to the right, the editor window keeps auto-scrolling back to the beginning of the line, forcing me to manually scroll back to the right. The caret position doesn't move, so at least I'm able to keep my current insertion location. The auto-scroll happens every time I type a few characters and it's extremely annoying. It would be great if there was a work-around.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No work-around that I know of, but have you voted for http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=80222 ?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about enabling word wrap through Preferences->HTML->Editors->Advanced->Enable Word Wrap to get around this for the time being?

Thanks,

Dipanwita

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This right now for me is the worst bug to deal with, as I'm doing work right now that often requires copy-pasting code and trying to select anything off the right of the page is an exercise in frustration.

Word-wrap is not a good option, the one built into Eclipse really sucks. Not the least of which is that it doesn't properly number lines and you don't really have any idea which ones are wrapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word-wrap is not a good option, the one built into Eclipse really sucks. Not the least of which is that it doesn't properly number lines and you don't really have any idea which ones are wrapping.

Seconded.  Not an option.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would sure be a great feature for CFBuilder in fact, word-wrap that works properly. It's one of

the biggest gripes I have with Eclipse versus other editors. Not as big an issue as when monitors were much smaller....but still, there are definitely times it would be nice to quickly toggle word-wrap on and off the way you can in most text editors. I find in CFB currently I even have to restart after turning it back off, to get pages to display properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation