• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a link to expand and collapse all DHTML drop downs

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can anyone help me adapt the "Skinny on Skins" example "Add a Toolbar button to expand and collapse all DHTML drop downs" so that it will work with just a simple HTML link in RH8, instead of being attached to a custom skin button?

The example looks like this:

Step 1. Open the Skins Editor for the skin where you want to add the button.

Step 2. After the preview loads into the window, ensure that the Toolbar tab has focus, then click the plus symbol. The Custom Toolbar Item dialog should display.

Step 3. Type the Item Name (This is simply an internal reference for the button).

Step 4. Type the Text (This is the text that will be seen by the end user. The field must contain something. So if you don't want any verbiage to display for your toolbar item, simply type a space.)

Step 5. Choose your Image Options, then click the Action tab.

Step 6. Click the JavaScript option button.

Step 7. Enter the following code in the OnClick field:

javascript:toggle()

Step 8. In the JavaScript area, ensure the Inline JavaScript option button is selected, then click the edit (Pencil) icon located to the right.

Step 9. Enter the following code in the Inline JavaScript dialog

var show = "false";
function toggle() {
parent.frames[1].bsscright.focus();
var arrayofDivs = parent.frames[1].bsscright.document.all.tags('DIV');
if (show == "false") {
for (x=0;x<arrayofDivs.length;x++) { arrayofDivs.style.display = "block";}
show = "true";}
else {
for (x=0;x<arrayofDivs.length;x++) { arrayofDivs.style.display = "none"; }
show = "false"; }
}

Step 10. Click the OK button to close the Inline JavaScript dialog.

Step 11. Click the OK button to close the Custom Toolbar Item dialog.

Step 12. Click the OK button to close the Skin Editor.

Step 13. Generate WebHelp via File > Generate > WebHelp and ensure that you have the new button selected with a check mark. This will probably require stepping through some screens to see the place where you can select it.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you wanting this to happen inside the topic itself or from the main toolbar? If it's from the main toolbar, use a text link instead of a button.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, just from inside the topic itself if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still need a solution there is a toolbar method back on my site thanks to Willam. Much easier as you set that up once in the skin instead of having to add it to every topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I've used the toolbar solution many times, but what I'm after is a script I can call from a simple text link in the HTML of my page, rather than from the toolbar itself. Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood what you wanted. What I was saying is that if you haven't found that and would accept a toolbar method, there is one available.

What you want is possible. You would need one of your developers to produce the javascript for you. If you look at the Twisties and Show/Hide article on my site there is a two button method. One of your developers could likely adapt that.

I am curious as to why you want to give yourself the work of putting this in every topic rather than just creating one toolbar button that works for all topics.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I want to use it in the header of one of my Master Pages, so it will only be created/maintained once. Not all my pages have drop downs in so rather than have a toolbar button available for every page, I was trying to be a bit cuter by having two Master Pages - one for normal pages and one for pages with drop downs in.

I'm no javascript expert so I'll see if one of my developers can help.

Thanks anyway

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. If you do get it done, it would be appreciated if you could share it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Just a thought, perhaps it helps: I dynamically add the show all/hide all button with a modified ehlpdhtm.js file. The only dhtml effects I use are dropdowns, so whenever that file is used on a page, there are dropdowns.

When the page loads, the scripts looks for a unique place (I use the breadcrumbs) and adds the show all/hide all button to the page. All dynamic, so you don't need multiple masterpages.

For the show/hide script, you can simply use one of the show hide scripts from Peter's site.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp