• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH Calls for Merged CHM's

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to do a CSH call to a master chm that opens the topic in the slave CHM, but still shows the master CHM, I am trying to avoid making calls to seperate chm files and only want to call the master chm.

Would I need to edit the alias file so that path would point to the other chm? I show that in alias file it lists as nameofhelpfile\topic

Any one do anything like this? Or is Merged CHM and CSH not doable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2009 Jan 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know the answer to your question but I am sure it has been covered. Go into your forum settings and change the number of days a search covers and then poke around this forum.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2009 Jan 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TrentSnake.
Yes you can. It requires you to create your master and slave projects assigning your mapids in the relevant projects. Merge the slave projects into the master project's TOC. Then you open the master project's .hhp file in notepad (having made the necessary sacriface to the backup god) and copy the entire [merge files] section to the clipboard. This is pasted into each slave project's .hhp file. You also need to add the master project's TOC as an alternate TOC in each slave project and add the master project's TOC to the baggage folder.

I have documented this whole procedure so if you need me to send you a copy, just shout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2009 Jan 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, TrentSnake, and welcome,

Have a look at this thread:

Merged help projects and context sensitivity

This may also help:

http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6463#p35098

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp