• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen sizing

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I need a bit of basic information.   I am creating a captivate demonstration of a new web appli.  I created the demo using 1014 x 713, but in testing it on a number of laptops, the bottom of the demo is not visable without scrolling, which means the users do not see the Adobe captivate Viewer controls.

is it possible to move these to the top, or can anyone tell me the best course of action I shsould take.

If I go to 800 x 600, its too small.  i tried a custom size but the result was quite fuzzy.    I also fremoved all of the toolbars on the browser that I was using to capture by demonstraton from, but this has not quite worked in that the controls are still being cut off

many thanks for any advice

Alex

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Hi Alex,

Do I understand well that you only want to have the playbar on top of the screen?

Go to Project, Skin Editor, Playback Control, and change the Position to top (it is indicated by lines, choose the top one).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Do I understand well that you only want to have the playbar on top of the screen?

Go to Project, Skin Editor, Playback Control, and change the Position to top (it is indicated by lines, choose the top one).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex

With Captivate you always have the best result if you present the final result at the identical size you recorded it. And in your case, you are seeing issues.

I know that you said 800x600 seems too small. But note that this is the exact resolution that many will use for the reasons you are citing.

Here's one way to think about doing things. Capture at 800x600, but focus on quarter sections of a full size display. Most of the activity occurs in one of the four corners of the screen, no? So here's the approach. Begin with a full size screen capture that is reduced in size to fit the 800x600 area. Naturally, it will become blurry when you shrink it. No way around that I'm afraid. But here's what you do. Perhaps consider using the Zoom Area object to "zoom up" each of the larger 800x600 areas as you work on them.

Hope this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's users' browser toolbars  forcing content off the bottom of the screen you can put guidance on the first slide about how they can use F11 to force the content full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another very helpful tip - thank you all so much

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources