• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio playback stutter/skips on published Presenter files.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the cause? Out of the last 6 published presentations, they all skip/stutter/repeat portions of dialog on playback. These are soon-to-be available on our company's website, but we're not putting anything out that stutters like this. The published files are on our website's test server, we have internal T1 connections, Flash Player's are up to date, and this is happening while testing the files on several different computers.

Anyone else had a stuttering audio problem? Is it streaming issue? Hardware? Software?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had various issues regarding stuttering of audio during playback...and sure, streaming problems will most definitely cause inconsistencies with playback performance.

Couple of things I've done to help reduce audio problems during playback:

1. Set the audio compression to "Near CD quality" in the Presentation Setting dialog box
  2. Enable the "Control Preloading" option and also toggle "Download slides completely  before playback" (although I have to admit that on faster connections, this is going to be negligible especially if you're releasing to an audience within a company network, for example)

But more importantly, before anything gets published, take a peek at the Edit Audio dialog box too; if you find that your audio waveforms are too close to the slide markers, I would strongly recommend adding some silence at the beginning and end of each audio clip...because 9 times out of 10, that alone will make folks think that there's something wrong w/ your audio during playback.

See if that helps any and be sure to follow up on the forum especially if you find a solution that works!

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rob.

You know, I bet it's the audio settings. Already experienced and allow for the bit of silence at the beginning and end of each slide, but I bet the 'near CD quality' was skipped over (as I have someone helping me publish these things and it could be that I glossed/missed explaining that part).

thanks the the reminder and your ideas!

db

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem DB!

Either way, let folks know if that helps...or not!  May have to dig into that deeper if setting the options doesn't resolve the problem, but again, as I mentioned earlier, after "throttling back" on the quality, it helped a lot.

The other thing to keep in mind is that since most of this kind of training is typically destined for online delivery, reducing audio quality a bit can actually help in terms of file size, and thus, bandwidth.  Every bit of file size savings helps!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources