Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debugging - need configuration help

Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also posted this in Advanced Techniques by accident...

I need some help configuring my local development machine for CFBuilder debugging. CF application development is configured correctly, but I'm having problems configuring debugging settings for CFBuilder/Eclipse. CFBuilder is installed and connected to RDS, and the CF Administrator is setup to do line level debugging. I'm running Windows 7 x64 with ColdFusion 9 (using IIS).

All my projects are in my "C:\Dev" folder, and each project contains a "www" folder, which is the web root for the project. So I've got my projects organized like this:

C:\Dev

TestSite

design

docs

www  <--- web root folder

I've created a ColdFusion project and mapped it directly to the "www" root folder. In IIS, the web root folder is mapped via a virtual directory under the default web site, and is accessed from "http://127.0.0.1/testsite"

I configured my RDS Server, which works correctly, so I can see the databases on the server. Nice. I also setup a server in the servers list in the coldfusion perspective and imported the settings directly from my RDS server. This one has the same name as my RDS server, which is "Local RDS Server." I also added a URL Prefix for "testsite" that is mapped to the local path: (C:\Dev\TestSite\www) and "http:\\127.0.0.1\testsite. And finally, in the Debug Mappings (preferences window), I specified "Local RDS Server."

Everything seems to be setup, but I still cannot debug. Here's what happens:

From the ColdFusion perspective, I right click on index.cfm and select "Debug As -> ColdFusion Application" The first time I do this, it switches over to the ColdFusion Debugging Perspective and loads "http://homepage/" and then nothing seems to work. In the Debug tab, it shows me that it created a new launch for my project as follows:

TestSite

Local RDS Server

ColdFusion Template

I can see my breakpoint in my breakpoints tab. But I can't seem to get any farther. I can't find a way to run to my breakpoint.The home page for the active debugging session is "http://homepage/" which is something that I don't understand. How do I make CFBuilder go to the correct home page for the debugging session? That might be the key.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Hi ,

Please right click on the project and you will see an option 'Set URL Prefix' . Use that to set the URL for your Project.

Thanks!

Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to preview(in internal browser or RunAs -> CF Application) the files(specially index.cfm) in your project successfully?

Also have you associated your project with the server 'Local RDS Server'?

-Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous post had to do with migrating an eclipse project over to a coldfusion project... that was my first one. I was finally able to get running under the debugger. Very nice!! I'm so happy to have a debugger available now!!!!

I just started setting up my next project, but I'm stumped. When I right-click on this new project, and I go to properties, and then click on my ColdFusion Server Settings pane, I want to be able to specify the address to use for debugging, which I would assume should be in the "Sample URL" field. But the field is disabled and it says "Sample URL is not available. (Project is not in document root of server Local RDS Server).

Local RDS Server is the local RDS server I setup, but I see where I specify a document root for the RDS server... I just specify a Host Name, which is my local IP address for my projects.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please right click on the project and you will see an option 'Set URL Prefix' . Use that to set the URL for your Project.

Thanks!

Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm getting http://homepage/ as well.

Stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also stumped trying to get the debugging in CF Builder to work. I also get the http://homepage even though when I right-click and do the Set URL Prefix, it does have the correct value there. Where do you set debugger settings is what I can't figure out. There should be a place to at least enter the port, right? The debug configuration screen just asks for the project and the associated server. When I right-click the project and go to Properties, there is a section there for Run/Debug settings, but everything is greyed out. I'm stumped.

Using CFB Beta 3, build 270225

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After enabling line level debugging in the administrator (Debugger Settings) and getting RDS configured in CFB, you can set debugging settings in the Preferences under ColdFusion->Debug Mappings. Make sure your RDS server is selected. In ColdFusion-Debug Settings, the Home Page URL might be something to look at, but I think this is overridden by the Set URL Prefix in the project settings. Not sure about that, but I have an invalid Home Page URL set, and I can still debug.

Make sure you initiate your debugging from the ColdFusion Debugging perspective. From the little bug icon, I select "Debug As" and then select "ColdFusion Application" (assuming I don't already have an active session in my debug pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after playing some more it does seem to be working, although not entirely sure what I did to get it. I have multiple servers in the Debug Mappings, but those were already set up and seem to be fine. What I did notice, is that now the Home Page URL in the Preferences has the current site I'm working on, even though I didn't enter it myself there. I'm guessing that setting is indeed the one that was causing the problem...not sure why there would be a setting in the Preferences for a URL that isn't set on a per-project or per-server basis. Likewise the scopes to output, would be nice to be able to set that on a per-site basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree.. not sure what the Home Page URL does in the preferences. I am debugging on a per-project basis and I assume that's because I can override it with the Set URL Prefix setting in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation