• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop-down hotspot does not drop down

Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I am facing a problem with the drop-down hotspot when i import a set of decompiled .chm files into a new html project. Nothing happens when i click on the hotspot. Instead , two extra lines of code(please see it below) appear next to the hotspot text, which appears as two red blocks next to the hotspot text in the WYSISWYG. The text that was supposed to be inside the hotspot, appears just about the heading 1.

<script

type="text/javascript"

language=JavaScript1.2><!--

kadovInitEffects('a20');

//--></script>

<script

type="text/javascript"

language=JavaScript1.2><!--

kadovTextPopupInit('a20');

//--></script>

Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance,

Neesha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

What version and flavor of RH are you using? If you're using RH7HTML or 8HTML, you can try using 'Tools | Update DHTML effects in topics'.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

I get the same error with X5 and X7 RoboHTML..

Thanks,

Neesha

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Corrected spelling of Willam's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know anything about X5, but in RH7 the dropdown script is different. In RH7, the script that initializes the dropdowns should be at the bottom of the the HTML-file, just before the </body> tag.

Have you tried to update the DHTML effects in your project? (Back up first)

I wonder why the script is two times in the topic, that can't be right. Have you imported an output file into your project?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

The file that i import are .htm files that were a resultant of decompilation of a .chm file. Yes, i have updated the DHTML effects , but to no use. And, I see the script files at the bottom of the html file, just below the </body> tag also.

Nisha

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Corrected spelling of Willam's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

That makes sense. Importing output files is a bit of a pain. Cleaning the files will solve your problems. See http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/MonthlyScry/062004.htm for a step by step solution. It's written for WebHelp but applies to decompiled CHM as well.

Pay extra attention to step 7.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Please see the sticky topic Before you Post. What version and edition of RoboHelp are you using?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp