• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Files Won't Load In Web Broswer

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently moved our web site and I moved over all of our help files. Whenever I try to view these files through Internet Explorer, the opening page seems to just keep trying to load (like an endless loop). I am 90% sure that it has to do with a setting in IIS because of the following:

1. I can view the files just fine if I view them in Windows Explorer.
2. I tried creating a "test" group of Help files and they work fine on another web server that I have, but don't work on this particular one.

I am wondering if anyone has any insight on this? I am running a Virtual Private Server with Win2003, IIS 6. If you want to look at what the files are doing, please go to http://www.basic-software.com/80help/80help.html.

This is a matter of urgency, so your reply, suggestions, are greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Since no one else is responding on the forum to this, I have an update -- I found out that if I remove these lines from the opening page it will load my help files, but it doesn't show the opening URL like before -- Any clue again as to why this works on our other server, but not on this one?

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" >
<!--
if (!window.gbWhVer||!window.gbWhUtil||!window.gbWhMsg)
document.location.reload();
//-->
</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In the event someone else has this issue, here is the Solution:

IIS 6 does not serve unregistered MIME types like its predecessors. To fix this, in IIS go to the Properties of your website -- click MIME types -- Add * as the extension and register it as application/octet-stream That fixes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp