• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording audio using Logitech Headset Model A-5572A

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate v4 with Windows XP.

I add audio slide by slide and have noticed that sometimes, the quality of the recorded audio varies from the previous slide for no obvious reason.

Sometimes the level of the audio is much lower, sometimes higher..sometimes I get strange clicks and noises that were not created in the room.

I edit each slide's audio to remove the noises and if require re-record when the sound level is too high/low, but am wondering...am I alone with these sudden changes to the quality of the audio and / or do I need to get a better headset.

Any ideas, or suggestions for headsets that might be better suited to the job?

Noel

Staffordshire

England

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

Have you tried recording with another application such as Audacity? If you get a good recording that way, you could then consider recording using the other application, saving as WAV or MP3, then importing into Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

To be honest I have only used the recording option in Captivate as it is "quick and easy" and have not tried Audacity (or other), as to do so means extra steps and time required to create the project. I appreciate "quick and easy" may not be the better option but when under time pressure it tends to be the one I use.

I will however test recording/importing to Captivate using Audacity and see a) how much longer per slide I need to allow and b) any improvement in sound quality.

Thanks for the good suggestion.

Noel

Staffordshire

England

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try calibration your sound recording level and then try recording?

Go to menu item Audio > Audio Settings and calibrate your microphone. Once done, you should not see variation in recorded audio level.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mukul,

I always do the calibration at the start of each recording session as I get the pop up window to remind me.

The variation in quality is not on each slide, just once in a while over a group of say 25-30 slides.

I can live with it...I just wondered if this was a common issue found by others or am I alone on this.

Maybe the headset I use does not best suit Captivate...I dont know.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Atleast I havent heard of this problem earlier. May be experts from this forum can pitch in to share their experiences.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you do a lot of recording in CP4, what headset do you use?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources